1/21/2013

Asian Sweet & Spicy Peanut Dressing

*Forgive me my people! No pics yet! For some reason, there is a glitch in the bloggerspot.com web site. Not allowing me to upload pics from my computer... Hopefully is will be resolved soon.


Who doesn't love the play of all the different flavors? Sweet, salty, spicy, hot, and savory, with the rich flavor of peanut, and a hint of dark sesame oil- it is nearly perfect for the palate!

I love the spicy Chinese Chop salad at Noodles & Co., and I absolutely loved an Asian peanut coleslaw my friend Meg introduced me to several years ago... I do enjoy recreating meals I've tried at restaurants, and I love to tweak recipes from friends, to my own tastes!

This dressing is fab for an Asian slaw, or a chopped salad, a dipping sauce for rice paper veggie rolls, or a veggie dip! I could drink it, but I won't;)

Asian Sweet & Spicy Peanut Dressing

1/4 c olive oil (or rice bran oil)
1/4 c rice vinegar (or raw apple cider vinegar)
1/4 c raw honey
1/4 c organic peanut butter
1 Tbl tamari-gluten free soy sauce
1 Tbl dark sesame oil
1 Tbl crushed ginger (or fresh grated ginger)
1 Tbl crushed garlic (or 4 cloves chopped)
1/2 tsp shiracha (or garlic chili sauce, or Tabasco)

Put all ingredients, except for olive oil, and blend well. Add olive oil in a slow stream until smooth and creamy. FANTASTIC.

*I usually double the recipe. It will keep well in the fridge for weeks.
*You could omit the peanut butter for an Asian vinaigrette.
*I have substituted cashew butter with excellent results!
*You certainly can use regular soy sauce.
*For ginger and garlic, you can substitute powdered or granulated for each, but use only 1 tsp per.

I hope you love this dressing/dip as much as I do!
Yours in health,
Natalie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why you should avoid GMO dairy, soy, corn and wheat. Sobering.

A few favorite kitchen gagets