2/25/2010

Easy Hummus (Chickpea Dip)

Bean dip, any bean dip is a hit at my house!  Love to make it for family, or when having friends over... Had hummus at my recent Party lite party, and a friend asked me to post it- Thanks Tammy!  Here it is!


Easy Hummus

1 can chickpeas
2 cloves garlic
1 TBL tahini (sesame seed paste)
2 TBL lemon juice ( or juice of 1/2 lemon)
1/4 tsp cumin
2 drops hot sauce (optional)

I use a food processor but a blender would work just fine.  Blend the garlic first, or you could use a garlic press.  Then all of the ingredients blended together, until creamy!  That's it!  Delicious and EASY!  Serve with pita chips, or tortilla chips, or crackers, or veggies!

You can do so many variations here... I like to add 1/4 C kalamata olives, or 1/4 C black olives, or 1/4 C roasted red pepper!

This is one you will make over and over.  Your family and friends will love it! 

Enjoy!
Yours in health,
Natalie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Natalie! I'm going to make it for my girls' birthday party to go with my brother's white chili!

    p.s. You guys are welcome to come over if you would like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this at your Partylite and loved it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Why you should avoid GMO dairy, soy, corn and wheat. Sobering.

A few favorite kitchen gagets