2/22/2010

Pumpkin Ice Cream

There are many dairy-free ice cream options at the super market, and especially at the health food stores, but it is so easy and economical to make your own ice cream!  I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker that makes it so very easy!  We've tried them all, but my personal favorite brand of 'ice cream' is Coconut Bliss.  However delish, the small container is close to 6 bucks, yikes.  So, with trial and error, came up with my own coconut 'ice cream' flavors, and this is one of my favorites!!

Pumpkin Ice Cream

2 cans coconut milk ( I used 365 organic from Whole Foods- never use lite)
1/2 C pumpkin
1/2 C agave nectar ( I used Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Blue Agave, but you could use organic cane sugar, brown rice syrup, even maple syrup)
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (optional, makes it extra creamy)

I blended it in the blender, then put the blender pitcher in the fridge for about an hour to cool.  I poured the ingredients into the freezer bowl of the ice cream maker, and ran the machine for about 25 minutes.
You can eat immediately, or put into a freezer safe container.  I put salty pecans on top, and it was magical!


Enjoy!
Yours in health,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why you should avoid GMO dairy, soy, corn and wheat. Sobering.

A few favorite kitchen gagets