4/27/2010

Honey Mustand Italian Dressing

I love to make my own salad dressings.  You can whip up a fresh, tasty dressing at a moments notice, if you have a few pantry staples on hand.  Italian dressing is the most consumed dressing at my house.  It is a vinaigrette that really goes with everything! 
Making your own dressings, you can control the ingredients, they have no added chemicals, or preservatives or any other unwanted stabilizers or other junk!


Honey Mustard Italian Dressing

1 C cold pressed olive oil
1/4 Bragg's Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion
1 TBL Dijon mustard
2 TBL raw honey
1 TBL Italian seasoning
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp of celery salt
3-4 jiggers of hot sauce


Put the garlic cloves, and onion in the blender to chop first.  Then all all ingredients, except for the olive oil.  Blend until well incorporated, scraping down bits of garlic and onion as needed. 






Then while the blender is running, slowly add the olive oil in a stream.  This creates a well blended, and much creamier dressing.
Refrigerate for about an hour to allow flavors to meld.  Shake well before serving.





*I used Bragg's Raw Apple Cider Vinegar as my vinegar, and do for most of my dressings used at home.  It is a delicious, and healthful choice- that is raw, and is very nutritious.
*I used raw honey, Gentle Breeze Honey, which is local.  There are many health benefits of honey, but especially locally harvested raw honey!
*I used raw garlic, as I do in most of my dressings and dips, because of garlic's far reaching, miraculous healing properties!
*I used raw onion for the same reasons I use raw garlic.  Onions and garlic really are miracle foods, that are known cancer fighters and prevents.  I have the blood pressure of an athlete, and garlic and onions are one of the main reasons.  (As I am NOT an athlete.)  
*Italian seasoning is a blend of : oregano, marjoram, thyme, basil, rosemary, and sage.  The benefits of herbs and spices like these, have too many health benefits to even mention!  I could post a page of great healing benefits of each of these herbs... but didn't- today.  Know that herbs have ancient healing wisdom.  Use often, and liberally.

If you like a sweeter dressing, by all means add more honey.  If you prefer your Italian without the mustard, omit all together... If you like more of a vinaigrette that is clear, use garlic powder and onion powder, and do not blend with the blender, but shake in a jar, or whisk in a bowl.

This dressing is the bomb, and is super healthy to boot!
Enjoy!
Yours in health,
Natalie 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why you should avoid GMO dairy, soy, corn and wheat. Sobering.

A few favorite kitchen gagets