4/24/2010

Tropical Smoothie


Knock-your-socks-off-smoothie right here folks!!  It tastes like the tropics, but can be whipped up in a matter of minutes in your blender!  I have many, many smoothie recipes- (in my mind, because I usually just wing it,) but this is one of our favorites in the warmer months.
This was an after school snack, BUT can be made for breakfast, OR for adults you could put in a little rum, vodka, or tequila!!  Oh yea!


Tropical Smoothie

1 banana
1 C frozen mango
1 C frozen pineapple
1/2 C of juice (o.j., mango, pineapple, or omit)
fill blender with coconut milk, or other dairy free milk, just until it reaches the top of the ingredients in the pitcher. 
1 tsp of probiotics

Blend in spurts until it is mixing well, then let it blend on high for a little while.  That's it!  Voila!


I used a frozen banana- after a banana is too ripe to eat, I throw it whole in the freezer to use for smoothies.  I simply warm it a bit with my hands, then peel and break into pieces.  I used organic mango from Trader Joe's, but you could use fresh, or even a frozen puree that you can find at the store.  The pineapple I took out of a bag of our favorite blends of frozen fruit, Dole's Wildly Nutritious Fruit Blend, that has strawberries, peaches, pineapple and mango in it!  I put whatever is frozen in first, and add whatever is softest last- then pour the juice and milk, then any add-ins.  Today I used Good Belly in Mango flavor as my juice.  It is a probiotic juice!  Then I added my favorite kids probiotic, Garden of Life Primal DefenseYep, a probiotic with a probiotic.  The latter is made up of soil organisms.
They think it is a rockin' special treat, when it really is a nutritional POWERHOUSE of magical nutrition!

If you add alcohol, you will think YOU ARE a magical POWERHOUSE.  While getting loads of healthy stuff in a cocktail!  It's a win, win here folks!  Many more smoothie recipes to come...

Yours in health,
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I make smoothies almost daily. I want to start fruit smoothies with spinach in them to share with my girls.

    ReplyDelete

Why you should avoid GMO dairy, soy, corn and wheat. Sobering.

A few favorite kitchen gagets